A Space Use Agreement (SUA) is an agreement held between Planning, Space, and Real Estate (PSRE), the requesting Resource Responsibility Center (referred to as the 'User'), and the granting Resource Responsibility Center (referred to as the 'Grantor') for temporary use of space not currently assigned to them. PSRE, along with any Grantor(s), maintain oversight of the agreement and temporary use of the associated space(s) subject to the terms and conditions of the agreement which include the duration, termination date, option to extend, and where applicable, the financial responsibilities required of the User.
Space Use Agreements are used to support temporary space needs which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Displacements of people and/or furniture, fixtures and equipment associated with Capital Project Management (CPM) or FM University Construction Services Projects; during renovation of existing space(s), demolition of existing buildings and/or new building construction.
- People Moves or Program Relocations where there's a temporary need to store move supplies such as move boxes, speed packs and book carts as well as furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Furniture Reconfigures or New Furniture Installations where temporary furniture storage is needed.
- New Program Development – those which are under-developed and in prototype mode.
- Existing Programs – Influx in program growth which is needed on a short-term basis.
Please note, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is no longer a supported method for temporary space use between RRC's. RRC's must work directly with PSRE to initiate a Space Use Agreement.