The Central and Health Sciences department's provide move coordination services, which include supporting internal departmental moves, relocations due to a variety of reasons including consolidations, creating move coordination plans, engaging with university preferred move vendors, assisting with vendor selections, obtaining and reviewing pricing, coordinating and/or facilitating the move process, and addressing any punch list items (problems) that relate to the move once complete. We act as the single point of contact and liaison in support of your move needs.
We ensure successful transitions and relocations of university human capital.
- Facilitating move consultations between stakeholders and preferred move vendors.
- Reviewing vendor quotes and conducting cost comparison analyses.
- Making recommendations on vendor selection.
- Creating move coordination plans, detailing existing and new furniture and employee locations for use by the move team.
- Ensuring stakeholders have received packing and moving instructions.
- Ensuring stakeholders have received move supplies such as moving boxes, move labels, computer bags and bubble wrap.
- Ensuring the vendor move team is clear on the scope of work and has the necessary paperwork to manage the job.
University preferred move vendors can be found on the U-Wide Agreements, A Purchasing Services Program website, where special pricing agreements have been made with suppliers for goods and services. University Departments may order against these Agreements for up to $249,999. All purchases must be completed using either a Requisition transaction in the Enterprise Financial System (EFS), via a U Market order (if the supplier is in U Market) or with a PCard (when appropriate).